Royal Navy’s HMS St Albans will act as the guard ship for the Louis Vuitton America’s Cup World Series event hosted in Portsmouth later this month.The frigate’s presence is just one of several ways in which the Navy has announced its support of the international race series, due to begin on July 23.HMS St Albans will precede the Parade of Sail of the international racing yachts on First Thursday – June 23 – before the AC45 foiling catamarans began their four days of racing. They will also be flanked by the navy’s P2000 class vessels HMS Dasher and HMS Express who will assist with traffic management around the arena.Image: Royal Navy Back to overview,Home naval-today HMS St Albans to Support America’s Cup Race HMS St Albans to Support America’s Cup Race View post tag: HMS St Albans View post tag: News by topic View post tag: Race View post tag: europe View post tag: Cup View post tag: Navy View post tag: America Authorities Share this article July 10, 2015 View post tag: Naval
This year’s Farmhouse Breakfast Week campaign from the Home Grown Cereals Authority features a competition to find the ’nation’s tastiest baker of regional breads’.Entry forms can be downloaded from [http://www.hgca.com/breakfast]. The closing date for entries is 10 November 2006.The week will run from 21 to 27 January 2007 with the theme ’make time for it’. This will be the eighth year of the Farmhouse Breakfast campaign and will build on the success of last year when over 1,500 events were held.
Facebook WhatsApp (Photo Supplied/State of Massachusetts Government) A growing number of scammers are using other people’s identities to claim unemployment benefits, according to Indiana Attorney General Curtis Hill.The scammers are stealing personal information such as birthdates, Social Security numbers, and home addresses and routing payments to accounts over which the scammers have control.“These deceivers steal the identities of others, who are generally employed, in order to file fraudulent claims,” Attorney General Hill said. “If someone uses your name in this fashion, you may learn about it from your employer or from the Indiana Department of Workforce Development, which processes unemployment claims. In many cases, payments may already have been regularly deposited into someone else’s account by the time you learn of the fraud.”Between Oct. 18 and Nov. 18, the Office of the Attorney General received 157 complaints of unemployment-related identity theft.Attorney General Hill said scammers appear to be targeting the identities of people they know are busy working during the coronavirus pandemic, such as doctors, nurses, and other healthcare workers.If you learn that your identity has been stolen and used in a claim for unemployment benefits, you should report it to the Office of the Attorney General.You should also report the incident to the Indiana Department of Workforce Development. Finally, you should file a report with local police and the Indiana State Police, which offers a form that can be filled out and emailed to [email protected] Facebook Pinterest Pinterest By Network Indiana – November 25, 2020 0 258 WhatsApp Twitter Google+ Twitter Google+ Growing number of scammers trying to get unemployment benefits IndianaLocalMichiganNews Previous articleThe Gift Of Lights holiday event returning to the Potawatomi ZooNext articleHoward Park Ice Trail and Pond to reopen on Friday Network Indiana
The Saint Mary’s music department invited students to a concert by guest Baroque ensemble “Such Sweete Melodie” in Le Mans Hall on Monday.Music department chair Nancy Menk, who organized the event, said it is important to learn about music from the 17th century in order to increase understanding of music today.“[Such Sweete Melodie is] fantastic and it’s great for our students to hear music of this quality on these original instruments, as well,” she said. The performance included experimental music from the early 17th century baroque era. Menk said she thought it was an educational experience for students and was very pleased with the performances.“We try to expose our students to as many different styles and types of music as we can,” she said. “We don’t have any early music performers on our faculty right now, so we bring them in from the outside.” Jeffrey Noonan, former Saint Mary’s professor and member of “Such Sweete Melodie, played both lute and theorbo during the performance. He said the group participates in a wide variety of music, including Broadway show tunes, medieval dance music, Argentine tangos and the standards of the classical repertoire.Erin Rice Although they have a diverse range, Noonan said the group gravitates to the expressively experimental music of the early 17th century.“Our program focuses on the early years of the baroque era, featuring the music and styles that came to define ‘baroque’ as a break with the old style and something clearly on the edge,” Noonan said. During the concert, Lindsey Adams performed as mezzo-soprans, Charles Metz played the virginal, Alice Culin-Ellison played the baroque violi, and Philip Spray played the violone, lirone and the baroque guitar. Metz said he found the virginal for sale in an antique shop eight years ago as a painted piece of furniture. He said he was happy to stumble across the instrument and had it restored to playing conditions. “Long story short … we can determine it had been built by Francesco Poggio who lived in Florence, Italy and died in 1634,” Metz said. “We believe [this instrument] was built in about 1590.“I firmly believe it’s important to not have [the virginal] sit in a museum, there are 18 of these in the world, all in museums except for three by this maker, this is one of the three.“I think it’s very important to take it out on snowy days … and have people such as yourself hear it and hear an instrument as Shakespeare and Queen Elizabeth would have heard it, because they were both alive when this instrument was built.” Noonan said he has looked forward to returning to Saint Mary’s sincethis teaching days from 1977 to 1980. “Having taught here and knowing the kind of students and faculty that are here, how interested they would be and how appreciative they would be of what we’re doing was what I was really looking forward to,” Noonan said.“It is also very important to me that we bring an ensemble here fronted by two young professional women musicians who are making their living as professional players,” he said. I think it’s an important part of what Saint Mary’s does in terms of promoting women to get out and do what they love to do.”Tags: Sweete Melodie
New York state pension fund considering divestment from 27 coal companies FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Reuters:New York state’s top pension fund official said it was reviewing whether to divest from 27 coal companies and could make decisions on $98 million in holdings within two months. The reviews by the third-largest U.S. state pension system, with $211 billion under management, could set the tone for other retirement plans facing public concerns about climate change.New York State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli in an interview on Tuesday said his office began reaching out several weeks ago to companies with at least 10% of revenue from thermal coal, or coal burned to produce electricity.The pension fund sent letters asking how much they are spending to move away from coal burned to produce electricity, and how much of their revenue stems from low-emission technologies, among other factors. He declined to estimate how many companies might be excluded.Under review are Arch Coal Inc, Consol Energy Inc, and Peabody Energy Corp, among others. The shares make up just a fraction of the $211 billion in total assets of the state public pension system, making any decision somewhat symbolic, DiNapoli acknowledged.Other pension systems have taken similar steps including the largest, the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS), which said in 2017 it had sold stock in 14 companies including Arch and Peabody, following a state law requiring it to study and potentially divest from the sector.DiNapoli intends to begin reviews of other energy holdings, such as for investments related to oil sands projects, as soon as this year, he said.[Ross Kerber and Gary McWilliams]More: New York state pension fund puts 27 coal companies under review
FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享PV Magazine:Energy Resources Senegal (ERS) has signed an agreement with South Africa-based investment firm Climate Fund Managers (CFM) for the co-development of a solar power plant in Niakhar, Senegal.The project consists of a 30 MW photovoltaic power plant combined with a battery system with a capacity of 15 MW/45 MWh. According to the investor, this will be the first solar power infrastructure integrating storage in the country. “This first project with ERS will provide clean energy to over 150,000 people,” said Sebastian Surie, CFM’s regional director for Africa.Under the terms of the agreement, ERS will be the infrastructure developer and will be responsible for the construction and operation of the $40 million plant. “After the commissioning of our first photovoltaic solar power plant in Senegal in 2018, this project confirms our ambition to become a key player in carbon-free energies on the continent,” says Moustapha Sène, CEO of ERS, who aims to set up 500 MW of renewable energy capacity by 2025.According to the latest statistics from the International Renewable Energy Agency, Senegal had an installed PV capacity of 134 MW at the end of 2019. Most of this capacity comes from large scale PV, but several off-grid projects were also built in the country over the past years.[Gwénaëlle Deboutte]More: Senegal to host 30 MW solar park coupled to 15 MW/45 MWh of storage First solar-plus-storage project planned in Senegal
Petitions for Reinstatement Petitions for ReinstatementMason petitions for reinstatement Pursuant to Rule 3-7.10, LeRonnie Mario Mason has petitioned the Florida Supreme Court for Bar reinstatement. Any persons having knowledge bearing upon Mason’s fitness or qualifications to resume the practice of law should contact Cheryl L. Soler, Legal Assistant, The Florida Bar, Cypress Financial Center, Suite 900, 5900 North Andrews Ave., Ft. Lauderdale 33309, phone (954) 772- 2245.Rinard petitions for reinstatement Pursuant to Rule 3-7.10, Marquin Steven Rinard has petitioned the Florida Supreme Court for Bar reinstatement. Any persons having knowledge bearing upon Rinard’s fitness or qualifications to resume the practice of law should contact Cheryl L. Soler, Legal Assistant, The Florida Bar, Cypress Financial Center, Suite 900, 5900 North Andrews Ave., Ft. Lauderdale 33309, phone (954) 772- 2245. March 1, 2006 Regular News
Budhi said that the masks would, under the oversight of the police, be sold by the two people suspected of stockpiling them. The two have been told to sell the masks at regular prices.“The masks will be sold at Rp 22,000 [US$1.55] for a box of 50 masks,” Budhi said.He said everybody was welcome to buy the masks, but each buyer was limited to a maximum of 10 boxes.Previously, the Jakarta Police also seized 350 boxes of face masks during a raid on the residence of a person suspected of stockpiling in Tanjung Duren, Grogol Petamburan, West Jakarta, in the wake of panic buying that hit the capital city on Monday following the announcement of the country’s first confirmed COVID-19 cases.Panic buying has prompted a price surge for such items both online and offline in recent days, with a box of face masks now selling for an average of Rp 300,000 (US$21) – a whopping 1,500 percent increase from the original average of Rp 20,000 per box.In response to the phenomenon, the National Police announced that it would bring those known to have hoarded masks and hand sanitizers to justice.“We are carrying out an investigation to sniff out any illegal stockpiling,” National Police spokesman Brig. Gen. Argo Yuwono said. (gis)Topics : Around 60,000 surgical masks confiscated from hoarders will be sold to the public, the North Jakarta Police said on Thursday. North Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Budhi Herdi Susianto said that the masks would be more useful if they were sold to the public rather than kept as evidence, especially given the public’s fears about the spread of COVID-19.“Doing this means we are bending the rules a little bit here, but it is being done for the good of the people,” Budhi said on Thursday as quoted by tempo.co.
The government has registered 12 million bank accounts of eligible recipients in its COVID-19 wage subsidy program, aimed at boosting household spending amid the economic impact of the pandemic, according to a top official of the Fiscal Policy Agency (BKF).The head of the BKF at the Finance Ministry, Febrio Kacaribu, said the government targeted 15.7 million workers in total and that it was waiting for around 3 million more eligible recipients of the wage subsidy to report their bank accounts to the Workers Social Security Agency (BPJS Ketenagakerjaan), whose data are the basis for the government’s assistance program.The additional recipients are those who are registered individually at the agency, instead of through a company. The program provides wage subsidy of Rp 2.4 million (US$162.32) to workers who earn less than Rp 5 million per month and are currently furloughed or have had their pay cut due to the pandemic. Recipients must also have been an active member of BPJS Ketenagakerjaan since June 30.“They [the individually registered workers] should come to BPJS Ketenagakerjaan. If they report their bank account number, [the money] can be transferred,” Febrio said in a virtual presser on Wednesday.The wage subsidy program was initially launched on Aug. 4 after Indonesia recorded an economic contraction of 5.32 percent year-on-year (yoy) in the second quarter as household spending and investment shrank.As of May, 3 million Indonesians have been either jobless or unable to work as a result of the health crisis, which has brought the economy to a virtual standstill. With a possible recession pending third-quarter growth, the government has projected 5 million job losses this year.The government has earmarked Rp 37.7 trillion for the wage subsidy program, 13.9 percent higher than its initial budget to cover an increase in the targeted number of recipients from 13 million to 15.7 million.The increase in recipients was meant to fill the gap left by the existing safety net programs, including the Family Hope Program (PKH), the staple food card and the pre-employment card social assistance programs.In total, the government has allocated Rp 695.2 trillion in COVID-19 response to boost the economy and strengthen the healthcare system.Topics :
Artist impression of the pool deck on Vantage on PalmerINVESTORS seeking to secure a place in Palmer St’s newest development project can do so from this week as nine boutique apartments and three contemporary commercial spaces launch on the market.Located at 47 Palmer St, Vantage on Palmer is a seven-level development boasting cutting-edge design including car-parking stackers, a commercial mezzanine floor, bike storage zone and open-plan apartments that maximise living and viewing spaces. Artist impression of Vantage on Palmer“Palmer St is the eat street destination of Townsville and is quietly undergoing a resurgence following a number of major infrastructure announcements recently including the $250 million Townsville Stadium and other projects in the Priority Development Area,” Mr Bow said. Developer Paul Spina from PDS Queensland said Vantage would break ground this December.“It’ll take around 12 months to complete but we’re very excited,” Mr Spina said. Artist impression of one of the apartments for sale in Vantage on PalmerThe top-floor penthouse will be a whopping 320sq m, boasting four bedrooms, three wet areas, allowance for up to six parking spaces and some of the best views in the city. Colliers International residential sales manager Paul Bow said he expected it would be highly sought after. More from news01:21Buyer demand explodes in Townsville’s 2019 flood-affected suburbs12 Sep 202001:21‘Giant surge’ in new home sales lifts Townsville property market10 Sep 2020Penthouse in Vantage on PalmerTo be marketed by Colliers International, apartments start from $690,000 and commercial spaces from $360,000 with buyers able to choose from eight 160sq m, three-bedroom apartments that include an informal study zone and a minimum of two car parks.